Parking tickets | Calgary Parking
Pay a ticket
Parking tags and infraction notices (tickets related to City Bylaws) can be paid the following ways:
Make sure you have:
- Ticket/tag number
- The referenced licence plate number
- Credit card/debit card
If the tag begins with a 4 or 5 or is handwritten, it may have been issued by a municipal agency other than Calgary Parking (i.e. Calgary Police Services, Calgary Transit, Engineering Bylaw). Until the tag is transferred to Calgary Parking it will not be available for online payment. To take advantage of the early payment incentive, please use an alternate method of payment.
If you have received a yellow Violation Ticket with a ticket number starting with B and ending with L, payment can be made through the Provincial Court system or through Calgary Parking until 10 calendar days prior to the first appearance listed. Check the information on the back of the ticket for further instructions.
Early payment incentive
Pay your ticket within 30 days and save up to 20% on the penalty amount. For example:
|Timeframe*||You pay||Example 1||Example 2||Example 3|
|First 10 days||Lowest fine||$40||$120||$200|
|Between 10 and 30 days||Next highest fine||$50||$150||$250|
|After 30 days||Specified fine penalty||$75||$215||$300|
* When mailing payment, the amount owing will be based on the postmark date applied by Canada Post.
Unpaid tickets and fines
If you do not pay the fine amount, you will be issued a yellow “Violation Ticket” with a first appearance date. Failure to pay the ticket or contact the Provincial Traffic Court by the first appearance date can result in:
- Additional court fees and fines added to the full penalty amount by both the Provincial Traffic Corut and Service Alberta
- Being unable to obtain or renew a vehicles registration or driver's licence until all outstanding fines are paid
- Suspension of your driver's licence
- The vehicle being towed if there are multiple unpaid infraction notices/tags or tickets
- Warrant issued for your arrest
Parking tickets do not take demerit points off your licence or impact your credit rating.
Parking tickets may be issued for different reasons, in different situations and by different municipal agencies. Within city limits, you can receive tickets from:
- Calgary Parking Safety & Compliance (e.g. cameras, ParkPlus system, etc.)
- City of Calgary Bylaw Enforcement Officers (e.g. Engineering, Livery Transportation)
- City of Calgary Peace Officers (e.g. Calgary Transit, CP Rail)
- Calgary Police Services