On-street parking | Calgary Parking
On-street parking in Calgary is managed according to the Calgary Parking Policies. Managing on-street parking downtown and other busy areas of the city is important for several reasons. Paid, time-restricted, registration-required, long-stay, short-stay and loading zone parking are all ways that help to:
- Support citizens and visitors with finding available on-street parking near businesses, services, and popular attractions
- Balance residential visitors and service providers in busy neighbourhoods
- Minimize vehicles searching for parking which contributes to congestion, traffic safety risks, GHG production, and air pollution
On-street parking is divided into different pricing areas with various parking restrictions in place, depending on time and location. Each pricing area has ParkPlus zones with the zone number displayed on signage to enter when paying or registering to park.
Always ensure you look at posted signage for parking restrictions in that particular spot.
On-street accessible parking
Providing accessible parking is important to us and we have several accessible on-street parking options. Please ensure you leave accessible spaces for those with a licence plate or placard, as these spaces are strictly enforced. Visit our accessible parking page for more information on locations.
Long stay on-street parking
If you’re looking to park for longer durations, we have a number of areas and zones that allow for up to 9 hours of parking.
- Center Street North: 15 Ave. N.W. between Centre St. N. and 1 St. N.W.
- Beltline West end: 13 St. to 10 St. and 10 Ave. to 12 Ave. S.W.
- Downtown West end: South side of 9 Ave. between 13 and 14 St. S.W.
- Downtown East Village: Riverfront Ave. to 9 Ave. and from 4 St. to 6 St. S.E.
- Mission: 5 St. to 2 St. from 18 Ave. to 21 Ave. S.W.
- Beltline Macleod: Park Rd. S.E. off 18 Ave. S.E.
- Beltline East End: 11 Ave. from Olympic Way to 6 St. S.E.
Loading zone parking
There are times when you need to park for just a few minutes, which is why we have loading zones. Loading zones are available to park for free for up to 20 minutes – just remember to check the signage!
Some loading zones require you to register your license plate even if payment is not required. Users must start and end their parking sessions the same way they would when paying for parking, however, no payment is necessary. Licence plate registration allows us to collect parking data on loading zone usage, while also encouraging users to comply with the posted time restrictions. Failure to register your license plate will result in a fine.
Loading zone locations that require registration:
- Zone 2650 - South side of 9 Ave. S.W. between Centre St. S. and 1 St. S.W. (Calgary Tower)
- Zone 1559 - South side of 4 Ave. S.W. between 2 St. S.W. and 3 St. S.W. (Metropolitan Conference Centre)
- Zone 1118 - South side of Riverfront Ave. S.W. between Centre St. S and 1 St. S.E. (Chinatown - Hong Kong Plaza)
- Zone 2859 - North side of Kensington Cr. N.W. between 11A St. N.W. and 11 St. N.W. (The Pointe)
- Zone 2756 - South side of 3 Ave. N.W. between 10 St. N.W. and 9A St. N.W. (Sunnyside Natural Market)
These areas were selected based off a survey from The City of Calgary determining which areas were experiencing the most problems with overstaying time limits.
On-street parking rates
On-street parking hours
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sundays and holidays: No charge
- Evenings after 6 p.m.: No charge
Payment is not required anytime outside of the on-street parking hours. Be sure to check parking signage as times and payment will vary depending on the zone even within the on-street parking hours.
- New Year's Day
- Alberta Family Day
- Good Friday
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- Civic Holiday/Heritage Day
- Labour Day
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Thanksgiving Day
- Remembrance Day
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
Please note free parking applies on the exact date of the Holiday only, not the next working day. All other parking restrictions are still in effect on holidays. Check signage to verify what parking restrictions are in effect for that area.