- Services & accounts
- Secure payment
- Pay machine payments
- ParkPlus cell phone account
- Site security
- Use of Calgary Parking website information
- Applicable law
- ParkPlus account transfers and closures
Services & accounts
Calgary Parking makes no warranty whatsoever, either expressed or implied, as to the nature or quality of the services it provides.
All prices, administration fees, or any other fees charged by Calgary Parking are subject to change without notice.
Customers are responsible for the safekeeping of user account IDs, passwords and security of account access. Users must ensure they are employing secure browsers and reputable ISP providers.
By creating an account, you consent to receive emails regarding service-related notices. Account holders may opt out of receiving informational and promotional emails relevant to Calgary Parking by indicating this in a checkbox where provided.
The use of any Calgary Parking-owned or operated parking facility is at your own risk. Calgary Parking does not take custody of vehicles or other personal property and is not responsible for any theft or damage thereto, or any personal injury, howsoever caused. Calgary Parking is not responsible for power outages at electric vehicle (EV) charging stations.
You are responsible for ensuring that the correct license plate number is selected in your ParkPlus account.
If you have any questions or comments about the content of this website, please contact Calgary Parking by using our toll free number at 1-888-544-4011 or by any other method set out in the Contact us page.
Calgary Parking does not collect credit card information. Instead, credit card information is collected by a third-party payment processer (Bambora AB, a registered ISO of TD Bank or Moneris Solutions Corporation, as applicable) in compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards.
Your credit card information may be stored by Bambora AB or Moneris Solutions Corporation (as applicable) to facilitate payment for future purchases that you may wish to make. By using the Calgary Parking’s services, you consent to the storage of credit card information for this purpose.
For information regarding secure payment and privacy issues relating to your credit card information, contact your financial institution.
While Calgary Parking is PCI compliant to ensure industry-standard measures are taken to protect credit card information, customers pay for Calgary Parking services at their own risk.
The use of illegal, invalid, expired or other payment methods where insufficient funds exist are subject to all fees incurred by Calgary Parking and a denial of services at the Calgary Parking's sole discretion without notice.
Pay machine payments
- If a customer encounters a pay machine that is out of order, they must proceed to another pay machine to make payment using one of the functioning payment methods provided or otherwise ensure payment is made. Payment can be made at any ParkPlus pay machine located in the same pricing management area where the customer has parked.
- The customer is responsible for entering the correct license plate number into the pay machine.
To request a refund for a pay machine payment, please click here.
ParkPlus cell phone account
- When using the cell phone payment system an Interactive Voice Response system prompts users to enter information specific to their parking session. The responsibility for the accuracy of information lies with the customer, not the Calgary Parking. Errors made by the customer may result in parking fines or service denial.
- Some services offered are dependent on the customer's cell phone or internet service provider. Calgary Parking does not warrant or guarantee compatibility or service levels of third-party service providers.
- One feature of the ParkPlus System cell phone payment system is a 'call back' service that alerts or warns customers of parking time expiry. Responsibility for compliance with parking laws, however, remains with the customer even if no such warning is issued by Calgary Parking due to system failure or any other reason. The ParkPlus MyParking App does not have a call back service but has in-app notifications.
- While 'cell phone' payment is offered for curbside and parking lots as a customer service, in the event of a system failure, customers must pay for parking by using ParkPlus Pay Machines that are on-street or in parking lots.
- The SMS messaging feature in Text to Park allows users to pay for parking by texting 77587. Note that Calgary Parking does not charge for this feature, but standard carrier message rates may still apply. For help, please text HELP, INFO or AIDE to 77587. To be removed from program, text STOP or ARRET
Calgary Parking uses industry standard encryption to protect your personal information. For site security purposes, Calgary Parking employs software programs to monitor network traffic that identifies unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Use of Calgary Parking website information
Customers who wish to publish any material extracted from the content of this site in any medium, must seek permission from Calgary Parking (see the Contact us page).
Customers are not permitted to use any part of the content of this site to develop or derive any data product or data service for distribution or commercial sale, without a license to do so. If a license is granted, the source of the data must be acknowledged in all such documents and communications, including on Internet sites, by providing the following source citation at the bottom of each table, graph or other visual:
Source: Calgary Parking, [full URL of source pages], and [date of extraction].
Further, the following notice should appear in an appropriate area in any document or Internet site that includes selections of content from the Calgary Parking site:
Calgary Parking information is used with the permission of Calgary Parking and The City of Calgary. Customers are forbidden to copy the data and redistribute it in the original or modified form, for commercial purposes, without the express written permission of Calgary Parking.
No content on this site nor any right granted herein shall be sold, rented, leased, lent, sub-licensed or otherwise transferred to any other person or organization.
Calgary Parking makes no warranty whatsoever as to the accuracy of information on its website.
Parking is controlled by “traffic control devices” as defined in the Alberta Traffic Safety Act. Parking and traffic regulations are found in the Traffic Safety Act, the Calgary Traffic Bylaw and the Calgary Parking Bylaw. Paying for parking does not alleviate the vehicle operator's responsibility to park legally, in accordance with posted signs, at all times.
The Calgary Parking website is controlled from its office within the Province of Alberta, Canada. The website can be accessed from all provinces and territories of Canada, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these jurisdictions has laws that may differ from those of the Province of Alberta, by accessing the Calgary Parking website, the customer agrees that all matters relating to access to, or use of, the website or any Calgary Parking services, shall be governed by Alberta law and the federal laws of Canada applicable in the Province of Alberta. The customer also agrees, and hereby submits, to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Province of Alberta and acknowledges that the customer does so voluntarily and is responsible for complying with local laws.
When licensing the use of services through the Calgary Parking website, the contract is considered to be executed within Alberta, Canada.
© Calgary Parking. All Rights Reserved.
There is a $0.50 minimum purchase for on-street parking. The minimum purchase in parkade and surface lots is equal to the 30-minute rate of that lot or parkade.
Rates are displayed on the pay machines and vary based on time of day and pricing area.
To reduce paper, ParkPlus System machines only produce a receipt by request. You may request a receipt at the end of your transaction.
If you didn’t receive a receipt, you may request a copy by emailing email@example.com with the following information:
- Date of transaction
- Licence plate number
- Amount of transaction
- Machine ID (found at the top right of the pay machine)
- Payment type (i.e. coin or the first and last 4 digits of the payment card used)
- Contact information
We will need at least two hours from the transaction time to process the request, as we do not have real time access to payments. Our Customer Service Representatives will verify the transaction and provide a receipt within 48 hours.
You can request a refund via an email. We will need the following details:
- Date and time of transaction
- How you paid: by app, ParkPlus account, VPM, or Pay Machine
- Pay machine ID or Zone number, or approximate location
- Licence plate number
- Contact name
- Contact phone number
- Amount of transaction (please attach a receipt, if possible)
- Payment type
- First and last 4 digits of card used
- Reason for the refund
We can only process refunds on requests we receive within one month of the ParkPlus transaction date. We provide refunds of less than $5 as a ParkPlus account credit. We will return refunds of more than $5 via a credit card refund or ParkPlus account credit. We are unable to issue cheques for parking payment refunds.
We will not process refunds for the following situations:
- Forgetting to end a parking session
- Starting a parking session in error or starting multiple overlapping sessions
ParkPlus account transfers and closures
There must be a minimum account balance of $1 if a ParkPlus account holder wishes to transfer funds between accounts or close an existing account and have the balance refunded.
Refunds for ParkPlus account closures will be provided back to the credit card that was used to add funds to the account when possible. A cheque will be mailed for refunds of over $10 if the refund is not able to be applied to a credit card. Alternatively, debit card refunds can be provided in person at the Impound Lot at 400 39 Avenue S.E. (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and noon to 4 p.m. weekends and statutory holidays).